ANYA HINDMARCH NUDE VELVET CALF HUXLEY CLUTCH. Sooooooooo Pretty!
Monday, 20 February 2012
Okay, so I'm not actually an official Vegan, but my boyfriend has a lot of allergies and these cookies are slightly healthier than normal ones. So while I'm on a no dairy diet (a last ditch attempt to shed the pounds!) I'm figuring that these cookies are sort of allowed...
You Will Need:
2 tbsp Oats
3 tbsp Water
2 1/4 Cups Plain Flour
3/4 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
Pinch of Salt
1 Cup of Vegan Butter / Margarine at Room Temperature
1/2 Cup of Sugar
2 tsp Treacle
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Dairy Free Chocolate Drops
1. Pre heat your Oven to 180 degrees c.
2. In a Small Bowl Mix the Oats and Water. Leave to stand for 10 minutes. While this happens, line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
3. In a Separate Bowl whisk together the flour, Bicarbonate Soda, Cinnamon and Salt. Set Aside.
4. In another Separate Bowl cream the butter and sugar until well mixed. Beat in the Oat / Water Mixture (from Step 2) followed by the Treacle and Vanilla Extract.
5. Add the Flour Mixture (from Step 3) and mix. Stir in the Chocolate Chips.
6. Form the dough into Walnut Sized Balls, and place them on the cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
7. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes, rotating the trays halfway through so the cookies are cooked evenly.
Saturday, 18 February 2012
Today is a liverpool shopping day. My friend is currently in Med School at University of Liverpool and I haven't seen her for about 6 months - so I'm driving down a few of us to spend some money today and then a good old LPool night out. Possibly the best place for a night out - would highly recommend Heebie Jeebies and Alma De Cuba. My outfit for tonight is a grey Zara tee with a leather pocket, and a deep red pencil skirt, but for the afternoon this is what I will be wearing. Lots of love xxxxxxxxxxx
Saturday, 11 February 2012
Meeting the parents for the first time is never easy. In fact, it can't be much more nerve wracking unless you're simultaneously doing an exam and fighting a fire. Hence why I found myself in a panick about what to wear. Must be feminine yet conservative - So this is my failsafe outfit that I'm sure you could use in the future to Wow those In-Laws. And it is also pretty much guarenteed to make you feel like a cast member of Gossip Girl... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Friday, 10 February 2012
Teamed with a grey chunky knit cardigan, this was the outfit I wore to university this Thursday. Although white converse weren't necessarily the most practical choice in the British weather, I have serious love for this outfit combination - definitely casual and chic. Although this might not be the impression I was giving to bystanders as I wrestled with my umbrella and dropped my folders in a puddle. xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sunday, 5 February 2012
I'm a big fan of 60s Siren Make Up - Groomed brows, Thick Lashes and Pale Lips. The latter is something I've struggled with for quite a while, but I've found the perfect tip. Mac Glaze Lipstick in Hue applied over the full lip, and then pat on some face powder gently over the centre of the lips. This not only sets the colour, but gives a natural effect and stops any glossyness (important in the windy winter months when hair-in-gloss is all too common). xxxxxxxxx
The last day of the week is arguably the most depressing. Days and days of work seem to stretch out ahead of you and the anticipation can drive you to Starbucks muffins and bacon butties. To avoid this, here is a lovely list of things I do to fill my Sundays.
- Paint your nails a really nice colour. And finish with a glossy top coat and a rich hand cream to make you feel like an It Girl - finish off with a huge statement ring
- Pluck your eyebrows (Arguably too painful for a relaxing Sunday, but feeling completely well groomed makes you feel focused and in control). I tend to spend a while after this teasing my brows into the perfect shape with a toothbrush and some vaseline. Doing this every so often means your eyebrows are 'trained' to stay exactly where you want.
- Buy a big A1 Photo frame from Ikea or another cheap home store. Go to a supermarket and print off some of your favourite photos from a dispenser in black and white. Making a collage will perk you up by revisiting some fond memories and make you feel organised and creative. Your room will even look better - worth the extra effort.
- Write your Bucket List. I'm currently up to 35 things to tick off before I die.
- Make yourself a soda float - fizzy pop and a dollop of ice cream floating in the top.
- Put on a facemask. Then rinse and smother your face in moisturiser. Mmm smooth.
- Go to a department store and try lots of perfumes - spritz them on sample cards and drop them in places, like your handbag, purse, or chest of drawers.
- Put Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill on your iPod. Then go for a really long walk.
- Do 100 sit ups / crunches. Your body is a temple remember.
- Make a smoothie. My favourite includes a chunk of pineapple, blended with half a banana, some 0% fat yoghurt, a handful of ice cubes and a drizzle of honey. Delicious, and healthy. Drink through a colourful straw for the ultimate summer feeling.
- Bake cookies. The big chunky ones that are all gooey in the middle. Give them to friends and let them marvel at your culinary skills.
- Look for the whisperings of new songs online. Some of your favourite bands might be releasing a new album in the near future, or you might discover a completely new artist. Then amaze your friends with your in-depth music industry knowledge.
- Slather yourself in body oil, and feel completely nourished
- Take a bath with a really good book, and drink a cup of Twinings Chai Tea with 2 sugars. If you want the full experience, go for candles and hot towels to greet you as you step out of the bath.
Lots of things to occupy yourself with, and pretty much procrastinate doing anything relatively useful. Lots of love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx